Fundação Museu Carlos Costa Pinto
Fundação Museu Carlos Costa Pinto (Museum Carlos Costa Pinto Foundation)
Created in 1969, the foundation aims to preserve, exhibit and disseminate the decorative arts collection gathered by the couple Carlos and Margarida Costa Pinto during the first half of the twentieth century. The house where the museum is located was designed by architects Euvaldo Reis and Diógenes Rebouças to be the family’s home. However, finished in 1958, the house was never inhabited. Nowadays it keeps over 3,000 objects from the seventeenth to the nineteenth century that mostly belonged to traditional families of the sugar aristocracy. The museum also houses the Margarida Library, which brings together a set of specialized works in decorative arts.